Date of last update : July 2019
If you are a casual visitor to the www.whoz.com site and would like more information on how Biznet.io handles your data, you have come to the right place. If you are an employee or contractor of a company that uses Whoz, we invite you to consult the data protection policy available from your data protection center.
Biznet.io (“Biznet.io” or “We”) is committed to ensuring the protection and security of your personal data and to respecting your privacy.
To this end, in processing your personal data, we comply with Law No. 78-17 of January 6th, 1978, relating to information technology, files and freedoms, as modified, as well as with the requirements set forth in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter “the General Data Protection Regulation” or “the Regulation”)
- Who we are;
- What information we collect about you and why;
- How we process it;
- How long we keep it;
- How we safeguard it;
- Where it is located;
- The safeguards we require before using a contractor, who they are and why we use them;
- How to contact us for an explanation if you are lack of information or if something is not clear to you;
- What your rights are and how to exercise them.
Who is responsible for processing my personal data?
When you navigate the www.whoz.com website without being logged in and use our contact forms, request a demonstration, use the online chat or apply for one of our job offers, Biznet.io acts as data processor.
If you have a question about data protection, Biznet.io has appointed a data protection officer who can be contacted by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com.
What are the data processing operations and the purposes that we pursue?
When you navigate on the www.whoz.com site without logging in, Biznet.io is likely to implement the following processing:
- Management of prospects and, in particular, management of customer requests : contact requests, requests for demonstrations and spontaneous contacts. We process your data in our customer and prospect management tools in order to trace your request and your contact details to respond as best we can to your questions or to list the prospects that we have identified.
- Event management : if you have declared an interest in our activities, we may send you invitations to events that we organize and process data relating to the sending of invitations, the management of responses relating to the event and the organization of the event itself.
- Management of Whoz communications and news : We may occasionally send you e-mails if you have expressed an interest in Whoz ( by filling in the contact form, by requesting a demonstration of the solution or by attending one of our events…). These mailings, linked with our solution, remain punctual and focus on contents that could be of interest to you. We are likely to send you invitations to events, studies made by Whoz, experts’ tribunes… You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the page. To exercise your other rights, you can consult the procedure described in the paragraph “Your Rights”.
- Management of candidates data : if you apply for one of the jobs we publish via the website www.welcometothejungle.co, the APEC or any other job offer platform, we will process your candidature data (CV) in our Whoz tool and, in the case of a negative outcome, we will keep your data for two years, on condition that you do not object when we inform you.
What are the legal bases for this data processing? Why can we process this data?
- When you contact us, we process your data on basis of your consent;
- When you request a demonstration of the Whoz tool, we process the data necessary for this demonstration, on the basis of your consent and in the context of the possible preparation for a commercial relationship of service provision;
- We collect your navigation data on the basis of our legitimate concern to improve our website and, when we use an audience measurement technology to collect it, we ask for your consent through an information and consent banner;
- We send you our news on the basis of your prior consent, where you have signed up to receive it, or on the basis of our legal interest in doing so and allowing you to unsubscribe at any time;
- We invite you to our events where you have expressed an interest and have agreed to be contacted in this respect;
- We may also contact you on a voluntary basis if we think you might be interested in our products on the basis of our legitimate interest, as permitted by the Marketing Regulations;
- We collect your candidate data on the basis of your consent.
Personal data collected from visitors to the www.whoz.com website
What data is processed by Biznet.io about me, and why?
- When you contact our services, in particular via the contact form, by using the online chat or when you request a demonstration, you are likely to communicate us personal data such as your name, your email address, the content of your request. We also collect your IP address and cross-reference it with public sources that allow us to estimate your geographic region;
- When you visit our site, we collect information about your use of our site by using cookies and other tracers, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, the web page you came from, the browser you use, your operating system, any technical errors you may encounter and your IP address. We use public sources that allow us to estimate your geographic location based on your IP address;
- To provide you with our latest news, with your consent, we process the data you provide such as your name and email address as well as the origin of your interest (contact, registration for an event, request for a demonstration…);
- When we contact you for the purpose of presenting our products, we process the data strictly necessary to make contact and to get to know our prospects, i.e. name, e-mail address, position, company;
- For the management of your candidacy, we collect the following data: the CV that you have sent us as well as the data contained therein. In particular, we process your name, first name, telephone number, e-mail address, geographical location, cumulative years of professional experience and details of your experience.
Our third-party processors and other reasons why we may share your data
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except through the use of service providers or in exceptional circumstances described below.
Service providers / partners
|Name of the service provider
|Purpose of use
|CRM tool used to manage our prospects and key accounts
|Online customer support (chat, demo request, contact form) and communication of Whoz news to customers
|Tool for creating our online forms and surveys
|Production of statistics on the use of our website
|Organization of events, communication about these events and registration to events organized by Biznet.io
|Supervision of the right functioning of the tool
|Welcome to the Jungle
|Publication of job offers and receipt of applications
|Marketing automation tool, publication of content and forms, emailing.
We may share your information, including your IP address, complying with all applicable laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal requests to protect people and property, to troubleshoot technical problems, or to protect the rights or property of Biznet.io.
Anonymized Statistical Data
We may share or disclose statistical data that will be systematically anonymized beforehand, such as the number of users who have visited a particular page.
How long we keep your data
Data related to commercial prospecting
The personal data used in the framework of the management of our clients and prospects will not be kept beyond the time necessary to manage our commercial relationship with you and, in any case, not beyond three years from the first contact.
Data related to the organization of events
We will keep this data for as long as you subscribe to our event news and will delete it as soon as you unsubscribe, with the exception of the data necessary to prove a transaction that may occur if you buy a ticket for one of our events.
Data related to audience measurement statistics
The information stored in the users’ terminal or any other device used to identify the users and to track them will not be kept beyond 14 months.
Data related to your job application
If you apply for a job with Biznet.io and your application is not successful, we will keep your data in our CV library so that we can contact you again for a position to which you are more suited, for two years, provided that you do not object when we inform you of this. You may object at any time to the retention of your data for this purpose.
We will only process personal information that is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or for which its processing has been authorized. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such personal data is accurate, complete, up-to-date and reliable for its intended use.
We take all appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data against any security risks, including the destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, accidental or unlawful transmission, storage or other processing of personal data.
We are committed to using all available means to ensure the security and confidentiality of such data, in particular :
- We encrypt all access to our services using TLS technology;
- We conduct and have conducted audits of data collection, storage and processing, including physical and logical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems;
- Access to personal data is strictly limited to Biznet.io employees and contractors who have a need to know. These individuals are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment, in the event of a violation of these obligations.
In accordance with the law known as “informatique et libertés” of January 6, 1978, as amended, and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, delete, limit, oppose and transfer your personal data within the limits of our legal obligations and the requirements of your employers.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible, and in any case of delay within one month.
Your request can also be sent to the following address Biznet.io / DPO, 36 rue de Saint-Pétersbourg, 75008 Paris, France.
Right to access
You have a right of access to the data concerning you processed by Biznet.io. It allows you to know the data we have on you and, if you wish, to request a copy.
Right to rectification
In accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, you may request us to rectify any personal data concerning you that are inaccurate. You may also request that incomplete personal data concerning you be completed, including by providing a supplementary statement in support of your request.
Right to delete
You have the right to have your personal data erased as soon as possible, within the limits of legal obligations of data retention of your employer or of our legal obligations, subject to our legitimate interest or any legal obligation requiring us to retain it.
Right to restrict processing
You may request Biznet.io to limit the processing of your data, where any of the following apply:
(a) you dispute the accuracy of your personal data. In this case, we will hide your data for a period of time that allows us to verify its accuracy;
b) you believe that your data is being processed unlawfully and object to its deletion, but instead request that its use be restricted;
c) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but they are still necessary to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
(d) you have exercised your right to object under Article 21(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation. We will proceed with the limitation of the processing of your data, while we verify whether the legitimate reasons that we are pursuing override your right.
If we decide to remove the restriction on the processing of your personal data, we will keep you informed.
Right to object
You can object to the receipt of communications, including commercial communications, from Biznet.io. To this end, we provide you with an unsubscribe link in all the emails we send you.
You may also object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your data, except if this is in response to a legal obligation imposed on Biznet.io (for example, tax returns, social security returns, etc.).
Right to portability
You can request the portability of your data from Biznet.io at any time. We undertake to transmit to you within a reasonable period of time and in a machine-readable format the data that you have provided to us, whether they have been declared by yourself or generated by your activity on the platform.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to refuse the processing of your personal data for personal reasons at any time as well as the right to refuse the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to make a complaint to a supervisory authority
Biznet.io is located in Paris. As such, the supervisory authority competent to deal with any request concerning us, including, if applicable, a user’s complaint, is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
If you wish to refer any request to the CNIL, you will find below the contact details: CNIL (COMMISSION NATIONALE DE L’INFORMATIQUE ET DES LIBERTÉS) 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22 (Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. / Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) Fax: +33 (0)1 53 73 22 00
Attention ! The CNIL does not receive the public and does not provide any information on site.
If you wish to file a complaint with the CNIL, you can fill in the online complaint form available at the following address: www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
If you have a question about your rights regarding data processing and liberties, you can consult the CNIL website: www.cnil.fr
What if I have questions?
If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com. We will do our best to answer you in a clear and comprehensible manner and as soon as possible.